Thursday, November 15, 2007

SPIRIC ADDRESSED BOSNIAN STATE PARLIAMENT

SARAJEVO, Bosnia (November 15,2007) – Bosnia's Prime Minister Nikola Spiric addressed in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo delegates of the Bosnian State Parliament. Spiric said that the Bosnian Council of Ministers’ activities were significantly hardened in the rough political situation.

“The only thing I could have done was to try not to add fuel to the fire,” Spiric said.

”I would like to stress that we held 26 sessions from February 9 until today. We determined 38 drafts and bills. I would like to stress this because of a negative campaign that is being taken against the Council of Ministers”, Spiric said.

He added that the Council has passed several rules of regulations, adopted several proposals of the decisions and taken certain activities related to the Bosnian Parliament.

”I am aware that one can always do more. However, I cannot conceal my limited satisfaction with the fact that I have managed to achieve a maximum effect in limited conditions. I keep wondering however if there is hope for a better future of Bosnia. I was and still am certain that this country will enter a bright future. However, it is up to us to achieve that. We are far too much dependent upon the International Community. I warned that the Bonn Powers are not allies to the dialogue and compromise. That is the only thing we have left and the only thing we need to cherish”, Spiric said.

”I urge you to do everything you can to bring this country back to the right path. I urge you to quit using the ragged clichés on the existence of two sides in Bosnia – the good and the bad,"Spiric said.

"I urge you to finally take over the reform processes and show everybody that no foreigner, regardless of his or her good intentions can take care of Bosnia the way we can”, Spiric said in his address to the Bosnian State Parliament.

”I did not resign so that you could discuss the very resignation, but rather reasons that lie behind it. I believed that my resignation, as well as the Report of the European Commission on Bosnia's progress would suffice the political factors in this country so that they could start talking about the problems. It seems that they do not want to do that. That is why I urge you to do that”, Spiric said.

No comments: