KAMENICA, Bosnia (September 15,2008) - Remains believed to be those of 277 genocide victims from the eastern Bosnian town of Srebrenica,mass murdered by the genocidal Serbian fascist aggressor during the 1992-1995 Serbian aggression against Bosnia, have been exhumed from a mass grave in eastern Bosnia, a Bosnian forensic expert said today.
“So far we have exhumed 97 complete and 180 incomplete skeletons,” Murat Hurtic of Bosnia’s Missing Persons Commission told press.
The exhumation of the remains from the site in Kamenica village, near the eastern Bosnian town of Zvornik, began in mid-August and is expected to continue for at least another week, Hurtic said.
It is the 10th so-called secondary grave found in Kamenica, where the genocidal Serbian fascist aggressor brought bodies of the genocide victims to cover up the mass murder of 10,000 Bosnian civilians from Srebrenica - Europe’s worst atrocity since World War II.
The genocide victims were initially buried in a dozen mass graves. But after the release of satellite pictures showing large portions of freshly disturbed ground, the genocidal Serbian fascist aggressor moved them to other locations in order to cover up the crimes. The body parts were separated during reburial using bulldozers, and forensic experts sometimes found parts of a single person buried in three different so-called secondary graves.
Remains of the genocide victims exumed from a mass grave found in the eastern Bosnian village of Kamenica