Wednesday, August 13, 2008


ZVORNIK, Bosnia (August 13,2008) - A new mass grave believed to contain dozens of genocide victims has been discovered in eastern Bosnia.The new grave measuring at least 10 by three metres was discovered at Kamenica village, near the eastern Bosnian town of Zvornik, said Murat Hurtic of the Bosnian Missing Persons Commission.

"The remains of around 10 people appeared on the surface as we removed the first layer of soil (and) at least several dozen remains" were expected to be uncovered in total, he said.

The exhumation work was expected to continue for two weeks.

In the final months of the 1992-1995 Serbian aggression against Bosnia, the genocidal Serbian aggressor murdered some 10,000 Bosnian civilians in the eastern Bosnian town of Srebrenica - the single worst atrocity on Europe since World War II.

The Srebrenica massacre has been deemed by the UN war crimes tribunal and the International Court of Justice to have constituted genocide. Thousands of bodies of the genocide victims have been uncovered from about 70 mass graves around the eastern Bosnian town of Srebenica.

The genocide victims were initially buried in a dozen mass graves. But after the release of satellite pictures showing large portions of freshly disturbed ground, the genocidal Serbian fascist aggressor moved them to other locations in order to cover up the crimes.

The body parts were separated during re burial using bulldozers, and forensic experts sometimes found parts of a single person buried in three different so-called secondary graves.

"It is the 10th so-called secondary grave found in Kamenica", said Amor Masovic, the head of the Commission.

Soil probes showed there were at least three other graves in the village, he said, adding that they would probably be exhumed later this year.

The remains of thousands of the genocide victims have been exhumed from about 70 mass graves around Srebrenica, with more than 5,600 genocide victims identified by DNA analysis so far.

Former leader and creator of the genocidal Serbian creature in Bosnia "RS" and one of the masterminds of the genocide against the Bosnian people, committed during the 1992-1995 Serbian aggression against Bosnia,Serbian war criminal Radovan Karadzic, indicted by a UN war crimes court for genocide and crimes against humanity ,was finally arrested last month after being on the run from justice for more than decade.

Former commander of the genocidal Serbian fascist formations of the Serbians living in Bosnia (VRS),Serbian war criminal Ratko Mladic and co-accused in the genocide case, remains at large.

The 1992-1995 Serbian,Montenegrin and Croatian aggressions against Bosnia claimed up to 200,000 lives, while some 2.2 million Bosnian citizens - approximately half of the country's population - were forced to take refuge.


No comments: